Jul 20, 2018 - Jul 22, 2018
Souldrama: Blending Psychology & Spirituality hosted by The Grove Recovery Center
216 South Foster
Baton Rouge, LA 70806
Friday 6-9 PM
Saturday 9AM-12PM ; 5PM-9PM
Contact: Gregory Greer, MSW, LMSW, LAC, CGP
Voices of Recovery, LLC
Paypal sent to the Spring Lake Heights Counseing Center
Today Spiritual Intelligence is considered by many to be the most important of our intelligences, and has the power to transform our life, civilization, the planet and the course of history. How do we move from immature ego-driven behaviors to more mature higher self-driven – from competition to co-creation? How can we develop the ability to hear the voice of our higher self, to understand and transcend the voice of our ego, and to be guided by deep wisdom and compassion? Souldrama®, an outgrowth of psychodrama, is an experiential group method that aligns all three of our intelligences, the rational, emotional and spiritual to move past the resistance in our lives and to ignite our spiritual intelligence. Multiculturally, it crosses diversity by putting spirituality into action within the group promoting cross cultural growth and understanding through connection, creativity and spontaneity. This new holistic group action model has been published as a new action model for the 12-step recovery program (Miller, 2013). As an international program, it has been presented many times for psychologists, faculty’s in Indonesia, Holland, Portugal, Brazil, Lithuania, Greece, Italy, Latvia, Lithuania, Holland, England, India and Mexico.
Come for professional training or personal growth!
What you will learn:
- How early relationship trauma and attachment separates us from our souls, causing later problems in relationships and with addictions.
- Action methods can support and aid people in their twelve step recovery. In addiction, people become isolated and lose their senses of being or belonging. In this workshop, people will be taken through the journey of recovery and explore theory of addiction and how the method of souldrama and psychodrama method can align our egos and souls.
- How to work with our Higher Power and put spirituality into action
You will be taught specific techniques, such as psychodrama, sociometry and group building for use with individuals, groups and families based on your needs and practice.
Specific action methods tools are taught, in a step-by-step fashion, so that you can build upon your existing clinical skills. By passing through the seven doorways of Souldrama, you will learn how to
- Use Action Methods for Group Building
- Work with Relationship Trauma
- Work with “Resistance”
- Define your Higher Purpose
- define a group issue
- Understand the theory and philosophy of transpersonal model of Souldrama and the seven doorways to our spiritual intelligence.
- Theory, Philosophy and Role Development in Souldrama.
- The use of an action model to explore our internalized relationship with the Divine.
- The integration of our rational, emotional and spiritual intelligences to align our ego and soul in Souldrama.
- Empty Chair Work
There will be many opportunities to practice these skills after they are demonstrated
Who can benefit?
Training for professionals, students and interns in any human services field, including mental health, pastoral counselors, education, substance abuse and recovery, Employee Assistance Programs and Human Resources, nursing and medicine, corrections and religion.
Anyone who desires personal growth; you will discover What is Stopping You From:
Choosing the right relationships.
Energizing yourself physically and emotionally.
Coping with the joys and challenges of living a spiritual life and accessing your spiritual intelligence.
Discovering what unique gifts, talents, and skills you bring into this world.
Embracing what gives your life meaning and purpose.
Overcoming the personal fears that prevent you from moving forward.
Increasing your self esteem and much, much more!!